Locate War Buddies
(Private Database)

CLICK HERE

Where to Use Your 
Veteran ID Card, VA ID Card, Veterans Driver's License Card, and Veteran Organization Card

Veteran ID Card

Veterans Discount Directory
Listing of Veteran-Friendly Merchants
Money

Veterans FAQs


Why is there such a disparity in benefits and compensation between 90% and 100%? This is not a complaint but a mere question. The benefits don't increase from 80% to 90%. The compensation is 67% of the amount for the 100% disabled. I guess that the follow-up question is: What can be done to make both benefits and compensation more equitable at 90%?

Answer Question

 



Answers

A1:  Nothing you can do. These amounts are set by Congress.  (AP) 1/12/19

A2:  Once you get to 90% it becomes VERY difficult to get the remainder 10% needed to get to 100%. Once you get to 90%, VA starts adding in tenths instead of the full percentage that is awarded. When you are at 90% you need 10% to arrive at 100%. So if you receive 20% more it does NOT mean you are now: 90% + 20% = 110%. What VA now does is they take that 20% you received from the original 10% (100% - 90%= 10%). So 20% of that 10% equals .2%. There is your tens of percent I was talking about. So at 90% with an extra 20% you would be at 90.2%. That, My Brother is what is called VA Funny Math.  Good Luck My Brother! Be Patient but Persistent.  (RA)  2/10/19


Have A Question About VA Benefits?  Submit Here.