Locate War Buddies
(Private Database)


Where to Use Your 
Veteran ID Card, VA ID Card, Veterans Driver's License Card, and Veteran Organization Card

Veteran ID Card

Veterans Discount Directory
Listing of Veteran-Friendly Merchants

Veterans FAQs

I am 72 year-old veteran, a Vietnam veteran of 4 1/2 years, and retired 21 years. How do I start a claim for disability?

Answer Question



A1:  Your easiest bet would be to find your nearest VSO and they will walk you through, and help you with, filling out and filing your claim.  (LM)  7/23/19

A2:  Take your DD-214 to an Accredited VSO and have him submit a claim for you. If you have your health records from your time in service have them available. If not the VSO can help you get them along with your personnel files. Your claim will be based upon what you can relate to your time in service.   (GH)  7/23/19

A3:  Visit your local DAV and ask to a Chapter Service Officer (CSO), who will help you work through the process of filing claims. You don't have to be a member of the DAV to receive this help.

Agent Orange's herbicides containing dioxin, which cause several illnesses of Nam vets.
However, you'll need to make sure you have (or find) as much evidence documents to support your claim of service connected illnesses/injuries, beside your DD-214. Let me know if you need additional info. Good Luck.  (JL)  7/23/19

Have A Question About VA Benefits?  Submit Here.