Locate War Buddies
(Private Database)


Where to Use Your 
Veteran ID Card, VA ID Card, Veterans Driver's License Card, and Veteran Organization Card

Veteran ID Card

Veterans Discount Directory
Listing of Veteran-Friendly Merchants

Veterans FAQs

My husband served in the Navy at the beginning of the Vietnam war. According to the DAV, the only way I can get widow benefits from his death is if I can prove that he was actually in Vietnam. I have no proof of where he was ever located & according to him, many of his military records are missing. Is there any way I can get help?

Answer Question



A1:  https://historyhub.history.gov/welcome  

VA Form SF-180. Search VA Forms. Request Pertaining To Military Records.

highlight, copy & paste to address line.

https://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/standard-form-180.html  (GS)  8/4/19

A2:  I pray for you and I hope this can help do you have a copy of military DD214 or any papers of his or a old envelop with his address on it or take your case to the American Legion and have them to help you maybe they can find a buddy of his that can verify where he was. Please don't give up put the Lord first and he will see you through this. God Bless you and your family.  (OE)  8/4/19

A3:  If you can find any of his buddies who served at the same time and place ,they can testify for you get a claim going and get a good claims rep (VA REP)to find his units places and areas served.  (RM)  8/4/19

A4:  Get his dd214 also there is a list of ships and now the the blue water navy is authorized agent orange.  (PM)  8/4/19    

Have A Question About VA Benefits?  Submit Here.