Locate War Buddies
(Private Database)


Where to Use Your 
Veteran ID Card, VA ID Card, Veterans Driver's License Card, and Veteran Organization Card

Veteran ID Card

Veterans Discount Directory
Listing of Veteran-Friendly Merchants

Veterans FAQs

After being wounded in an ambush I was sent to our rear post I was in and out of the infirmary for several months due to a bad leg that wouldn`t heal. Then we all got sent home by Pres. Johnson. Spent several more months under doctors` care finally I started to walk on my own. After thirty or so I get a letter from my old RTO telling me that before we got sent home our TOP posted the copy of the newest awards and I was on there for the BRONZ STAR. Guess that because I provided security for the other two guys while they came to air-vac. us. Now DeSorbo the RTO guy has a copy of the original orders with my name on it. My question is how or what do I need to do to actually get this medal? No need other than I feel I should have it for my own pride and remembering my brothers wo didn't make it that dreadful day.

Answer Question



A1:  Try this website: https://www.archives.gov/veterans/replace-medals.html#how  (MM)  8/25/19

A2:  Go to your Veteran Service Officer (VSO) with a copy of the order and request a 'service record update.'  You may have more you aren't aware of, I did and had more medals coming to me that I didn't know about.  (FH)  8/25/19

A3:  Down load Form.....SF-180.....fill it out and send back to the appropriate branch. Request an UNDELETED Copy of your DD-214....You will receive an amended DD-214 which will actually be a DD-215.  All of your medals that are not noted on the original 214 will be on your new DD-215.  Be Patient but Persistent!  (RA)  8/27/19

Have A Question About VA Benefits?  Submit Here.