Locate War Buddies
(Private Database)


Where to Use Your 
Veteran ID Card, VA ID Card, Veterans Driver's License Card, and Veteran Organization Card


Veterans Discount Directory
Listing of Veteran-Friendly Merchants

Veterans FAQs

We have 2 grandsons living with us now.  What do I have to do to get them on my compensation schedule?

Answer Question



A1:   As long as they are younger then 23 you could keep it up to 25 and if disabled life. Shi Q and you would be able to put them under your coverage and add as dependent in VA office and VA hospital.  (DF)  12/30/18

A2:  Unfortunately, you can't add them to your award.  (AP)  12/30/18

A3:  Veterans who have a 30% or higher disability rating can get an increase in their VA disability compensation if they have one or more dependent(s), such as a spouse, child, or parent.  To claim your grandchild as a dependent on your VA award, the unmarried child must be legally adopted before the age of 18 or before the age of 23, if the child is attending a VA-approved college or university. An adopted child over the age of 18 is also eligible to be added to a veteran's compensation award, if the child became incapable of self-support (helpless child) before turning 18.  VA will accept a copy of the adoption decree or the adoptive placement agreement as acceptable proof of the adoption.  (SW)  12/31/18

A4:   If they are legally your dependents then simply apply. If they are just living with you then you are not authorized to add them to your compensation package.  (JD)  1/3/19

Have A Question About VA Benefits?  Submit Here.