Locate War Buddies
(Private Database)


Where to Use Your 
Veteran ID Card, VA ID Card, Veterans Driver's License Card, and Veteran Organization Card

Veteran ID Card

Veterans Discount Directory
Listing of Veteran-Friendly Merchants

Veterans FAQs

I am a retired veteran with a question!  In 1965 I was struck by lightning while at Ft. Bragg, NC for summer camp. In1966 I was commissioned and offered a medical deferment from active duty.  Am I entitled to any compensation?

Answer Question



A1:  Rather soliciting ill-informed help, you should file your claim with VA and let those who would ultimately decide make that determination. If they don't approve your claim you can contest it. Hint: The sooner you do it, the better. a favorable ruling on a claim can be back dated to the original filing dat provided that you don't exceed the established guidelines for filing appeals.  (GC)  1/23/19

A2:  You very well could receive compensation. You must file a claim with a VSO, Am Legion, DAV, VFW., etc. Also if you had a copy of the Line of Duty (LOD) of the incident and/or medical records that would increase your chances.  (GH)  1/23/19

A3:  Contact your local VA ans/or your Congressman.  (JH)  1/23/19

A4:  Unfortunately, since there was no diagnosis of a chronic condition, there is no claim.  (AP)  2/1/19

Have A Question About VA Benefits?  Submit Here.